APPLICATION PROCESS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Students who attended UMBC in the Fall 2012 semester do not need to apply. Register online through myUMBC.
Incoming UMBC Students (Spring 2013):
- Students who accept Spring 2013 admission do not need to apply
- Change your semester start date through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by submitting an email or letter of intent to take a winter course. Register October 29 – January 1
- Once you receive notification of winter registration access, register online through myUMBC
- Academic advising is highly recommended through the Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
- Visiting undergraduate students must apply to UMBC before registering for winter courses
- If you are in good standing at your home institution, transcripts are not required
- Be sure to check with your home institution to verify the course(s) you want are transferable
- Once you are admitted to the session, then you can register.
How to Apply
Please note: Online application is currently unavailable - paper applications can be downloaded and submitted as detailed below.
Apply via Paper Application
Prospective students may download a paper application, request an application by mail, or request an application by phone at 410-455-2335.
Note: On question #10 of the application, choose the "winter" semester for admission and check “YES ” indicating “term only” (visiting student) admission.
PAPER APPLICATION FEE: $50
An application fee of $50 is required for paper submissions. Checks must be made payable to UMBC and should accompany the application form.
Mail application and payment to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250