Hybrid courses blend in-person and online learning.
- Most hybrid courses reduce the number of in-class meetings by replacing some in-person classes with online, out-of-class, or interactive learning activities.
- Hybrid courses require more independent learning on the part of the student than an in-person class.
- View hybrid courses
- Online courses use Blackboard (UMBC's course management system) and emphasize self-directed independent student learning.
- Students do not come to campus for class meetings, but instead manage
their own learning online.
- Online courses eliminate in-person class meetings entirely and move all learning experiences online, using web-based, multi-media resources, commercial software, and automatically evaluated assessments with guided feedback.
- In the Schedule of Classes, “Days & Times” are listed as “TBA” for online courses.
- View online courses