Click on the below listed links for additional information/assistance with your registration.
- How to add, drop, or swap a course
Search the schedule of classes
- How to search the schedule of classes
- Note: not all subjects are offered each semester
How to view class details
- View enrollment requirements, class attributes, available seats, etc.
- If a course if full, use myUMBC to place your name on a waitlist
- You will NOT be automatically enrolled from a waitlist if you have a time conflict with another course, or if you try to enroll for excess credits (without approval)
- Last day students will automatically be enrolled in classes from the waitlists
How to request approval for excess credit
- If you want to register for more than 4.5 credits
Petition to repeat courses
- If you have taken a course more than two times, you must request permission for a third and final attempt
Independent study courses
- Academic departments schedule independent study courses on an “as needed” basis. To request the course be added to the schedule, contact the appropriate academic department before the final day to register.