Click on the below links for additional information/assistance with your registration.
How to search the schedule of classes, view class details and class attributes:
- Not all "course subjects" listed in the online schedule of classes are offered each semester. To find out what courses are being offered, you can search the schedule of classes.
- View class details to see if there are any course enrollment requirements, how many seats are still available
- View class attributes (such as whether or not the class meets GEP requirements, or if there are additional fees associated with the class).
- If a course if full, use myUMBC to place your name on a waitlist.
- When adding the class during registration, check the box "Waitlist if class is full" and continue the enrollment process.
- If the class has a waitlist, you will be notified of your position on the waitlist after you have completed registration.
- You will NOT be automatically enrolled from a waitlist if you have a time conflict with another course, or if you try to enroll for excess credits (without approval)
- Last day students will automatically be enrolled in classes from the waitlists
- If you want to register for more than 16 credits (summer session) or 4.5 credits (winter session) you must submit a request to the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising.
- Advanced approval is required by both the student's primary major advisor and the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
- When requesting excess credit approval, please allow at least a week before the start of classes to process your request.
- If you have taken the same course more than two times, you must request permission for a third and final attempt to the Office of Academic Standards and Policy Administration.
Independent study courses:
- Academic departments schedule independent study courses on an “as needed” basis. To request the course be added to the schedule, contact the appropriate academic department before the final day to register.