January 5 – 23
Registration for Winter Session 2105 begins on Monday, October 27.
- Current UMBC students - no additional application is necessary (advising is recommended, but not required)
- Visiting UMBC students - must apply to UMBC and be admitted before registering for courses.
- Incoming UMBC students - no additional application is necessary, but you will need to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to change your semester start date to Winter 2015.
- Use your myUMBC account to add, drop or swap a course.
- Once registration begins, you can add, drop, or swap courses until the end of the schedule adjustment period.
- Courses with prerequisites may require permission before they can be added
- During the schedule adjustment period, check with the instructor before adding a course to ensure missed course work can be completed.
- Courses added during the schedule adjustment period will be assessed a non-refundable $20 late registration fee.
- Courses dropped during the schedule adjustment period will receive a pro-rated refund based on the date the course is dropped.
- If a course is dropped after the schedule adjustment period, the transcript will reflect a "W" for the course.
- Allows you to simultaneously add and drop a class (with the same number of credits) with no financial penalty.
- The class you wish to remove will not be dropped until you are successfully enrolled in the added course.
- During the schedule adjustment period, check with the instructor before swapping courses to ensure missed course work can be completed.
After the schedule adjustment period:
- Once the schedule adjustment period ends, you can no longer use myUMBC to make schedule adjustments, except to drop a course for a limited period of time (a grade of "W" will appear on your transcript).
- If you would like to change your course grade method from "regular" to "pass/fail" you must submit a myUMBC Help Ticket to the Registrar's Office before the deadline.
How to withdraw from the session: