The Office of Summer & Winter Programs awards full and partial scholarships to UMBC degree-seeking students who have a high GPA are close to graduating. Financial need (determined by the 2016/2017 FAFSA) is also considered.
Important Scholarship Details
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- Students are responsible for any fees associated with the course and (if they are NOT classified as a Maryland resident) the remaining out-of-state tuition charges.
- Scholarships are only awarded for UMBC Winter Session courses, and must be used at UMBC during Winter Session 2017.
- Full scholarships cover tuition for ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
Undergraduate Courses Graduate Courses 4 credit course: $1,364 4 credit course: $2,412 3 credit course: $1,023 3 credit course: $1,809 2 credit course: $682 2 credit course: $1,206 1.5 credit course: $512 1.5 credit course: $905 1 credit course: $341 1 credit course: $603
- If you are registered for MORE than one UMBC winter session course, the scholarship will be applied to ONE course carrying the most credits and you will be responsible for the tuition and fees related to other course(s) that you are enrolled in.
- For example, if you are registered for TWO 3 credit courses and a 1.5 credit course, the scholarship will ONLY cover the cost of tuition for ONE of the 3 credit courses (based on the Maryland in-state tuition rate)
Partial scholarships cover HALF of the tuition for ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
|Undergraduate Courses||Graduate Courses|
|4 credit course: $682||4 credit course: $1,206|
|3 credit course: $512||3 credit course: $905|
|2 credit course: $341||2 credit course: $603|
|1.5 credit course: $256||1.5 credit course: $453|
|1 credit course: $171||1 credit course: $302|
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicants must be eligible UMBC degree-seeking students.
- Students MUST submit an unofficial copy of their UMBC transcript with the online scholarship application form.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students: total credits already earned + current Fall 2016 credits = a minimum of 100 undergraduate credits (as indicated on your UMBC transcript).
- UMBC Graduate Students: total credits already earned + current Fall 2016 credits = a minimum of 23 graduate credits (as indicated on your UMBC transcript).
- Applicants must have a CURRENT UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.200 or higher, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a 2016/2017 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide written documentation as to why they do not).
Application Deadline/Important Information
- The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online is December 2, 2016.
- Emails will be sent no later than Friday, December 9 to inform applicants if they have received a winter session scholarship.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements (listed above) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
- The deadline to apply for the winter 2017 scholarship has passed.