A limited number of winter scholarships are awarded to UMBC degree-seeking students who are close to
graduating and have a strong GPA. Financial need (as documented by the student's 2013/2014 FAFSA form) is
The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online was 5:00 pm on Friday, November 15.
The Scholarship Review Committee will meet in early December, and results will be e-mailed to the students who applied. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications (listed below) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
Winter 2014 Scholarship - PLEASE READ
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- The scholarship covers ONE winter session course (up to 4 credits) based on in-state undergraduate and/or graduate tuition for that one course. Students will still be responsible for any fees associated with the course and (if you are NOT classified as a Maryland resident) the remaining out-of-state tuition charges.
- Student Business Services will apply your winter session scholarship to your account after the end of the Winter Session Refund Period (which ends on January 8). This is done so we can verify that the proper amount of the scholarship is awarded (in case students change their course registration before the end of the refund period).
- If you should receive a bill for the course before your student account is adjusted, please pay only the auxiliary fees ($21 per credit), the $20 winter session fee and (if applicable) any course specific fees. And (as noted above) if you are non-Maryland resident you are also responsible for paying any tuition charges not covered by your scholarship.
- Scholarships are only awarded for UMBC Winter Session 2014 courses, and must be used at UMBC during Winter Session 2014.
- Eligible UMBC degree-seeking student.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students - must have completed at least 90 undergraduate credits by the end of the Fall 2013 semester (as indicated on your UMBC transcript and Fall 2013 course schedule).
- UMBC Graduate Students - must have completed at least 23 graduate credits by the end of the Fall 2013 semester (as indicated on your UMBC transcript and Fall 2013 course schedule).
- Applicants must have a UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as indicated on a UMBC transcript).
- Applicants must have a 2013/2014 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide a written documentation as to why you do not).