A limited number of scholarships are awarded to UMBC degree-seeking students who are close to graduating and have a strong GPA. Financial need (as documented by the student's 2014/2015 FAFSA form) is also considered.
Important information - PLEASE READ:
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- The scholarship covers TUITION for ONE winter session course (up to 4 credits) based on the in-state undergraduate and/or graduate tuition for that ONE winter session course.
- Students will still be responsible for any fees associated with the course and (if they are NOT classified as a Maryland resident) the remaining out-of-state tuition charges.
- Scholarships are only awarded for UMBC Winter Session 2015 courses, and must be used at UMBC during Winter Session 2015.
- The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online is 5:00 pm on Friday, October 31.
- The Scholarship Review Committee will meet in early November, and decisions will be e-mailed to the students who applied.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements (listed below) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Applicants must be eligible UMBC degree-seeking students.
- In addition to completing the scholarship application, applicants MUST also submit an unofficial copy of their UMBC transcript.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 100 undergraduate credits PRIOR TO THE START of the Fall 2014 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- UMBC Graduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 23 graduate credits PRIOR TO THE START of the Fall 2014 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a current UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a 2014/2015 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide a written documentation as to why they do not).
- Click to access scholarship application
- After submitting your application, do not forget to send your unofficial UMBC transcript to email@example.com