Dates and Deadlines
Student ID Cards
- Obtain a campus card (student ID) at the Campus Card Center located on the 1st floor of the University Center.
- The UMBC Campus Card is an integral part of campus life. It is the instrument that establishes your identity at UMBC, give access to various services such as the Library and RAC, opens doors as part of access control and, with the depositing of funds, buys services and merchandise both on campus and at participating stores in the surrounding communities.
Request a UMBC parking permit (if you don’t already have a valid permit). Be sure to request your parking permit several weeks in advance to ensure it arrives before the start of classes.
Check to see what housing options are available during summer/winter sessions.
- Get involved and connect with students outside the classroom!
- The Student Events Board (seb) hosts regular on-campus activities and some off campus trips.
- Retriever Athletic Center (RAC) offers access to the gym, weight room, pool and group fitness classes. All RAC users must present a valid UMBC campus card (student) ID to gain entry.
- The Arts & Culture Calendar provides information about dance, music, visual art, theatre, and other humanities events.
E2Campus (text alerts)
Sign-up for E2Campus, an emergency alert text-messaging system that notifies subscribers of any campus-related emergency (such as a potential safety hazard or campus closure due to weather).
Class Locations and Meeting Times
Verify your class locations and meeting times.
Purchase your textbooks and other course related materials.
myUMBC & UMBC e-mail
Make sure you have an active myUMBC account.
Check your UMBC e-mail account on a regular basis. It is easy to forward your UMBC e-mails to an already existing e-mail account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.).
Starting before the session begins, check your Blackboard account regularly to see course updates/assignments.
- Log-in to myUMBC to check final grades.
- Highlight the Topics menu.
- Select "Classes & Grades."
- Select "Student Grades."
- Select the desired "Term/Semester."
- Click Continue, and your grades will display on the screen.
- Order official UMBC transcripts through Parchment Inc., UMBC’s online transcript partner.
- There is a fee associated with ordering an official transcript.
- You can also download and print an unofficial transcript through myUMBC.
Submit a myUMBC Help Ticket for billing issues, computing/technology support, questions about your class schedule, grades, etc.
- Accommodations are delivered on a case by case basis in order to determine what is appropriate for each student.
- An individualized in-person intake appointment is offered to all students who submit a SDS registration form with appropriate documentation of disability.
- For more information (or to request services) visit the SDS website.