UMBC welcomes students from other colleges and universities who want to earn transferable credits during winter session. You must be in good academic standing at your home institution and any prior colleges or universities to be eligible for winter admission to UMBC.
December 20 is the last day visiting students can apply for Winter Session 2018.
You must first be admitted to UMBC as a visiting student before you can register for classes.Online applications are managed by CollegeNET, UMBC's application hosting service partner. CollegeNET's online application process is safe and secure. Keep a record of your CollegeNET user name and password - if you end your session before you submit your application, you will need your CollegeNET user name and password to reopen your saved application.
How to apply
- Go to UMBC's Undergraduate Admissions Main Menu page.
- Select Create Your Account at the top of the page.
- Once you have created your CollegeNet account, return to Undergraduate Admissions Main Menu page.
- Select the Visiting Student option under Apply to UMBC.
- Complete and submit the visiting student application form (including a non-refundable $50 application fee) by December 20, 2017.
- Transcripts are not required to apply as a visiting student, however if you plan to take a course with a prerequisite requirement, upload a copy your transcript with your application showing that you have completed (or will complete) the prerequisite course requirement(s) prior to the start of the session.
- You will receive an email confirmation from CollegeNET immediately after you submit your application.
- You will receive a separate email confirmation from UMBC once CollegeNet forwards your application to UMBC. The UMBC confirmation email will include your UMBC campus ID.
- It typically takes 3 - 5 business days to process an online application after it is received.
- UMBC sends admission decisions to the email address you provide on your application.
After you are admitted
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact the Office of Summer, Winter and Special Programs.