Students eligible for this Program must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions
- Be an undergraduate student that has minimally completed the freshman year (30 credits) in the student’s declared major prior to participation in the program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
- Have a declared major in science, engineering, or mathematics appropriate to biomedical research
- Demonstrate an interest in science, research and related careers that is not exclusively focused on medical school; and
- Demonstrate an interest in the advancement of underrepresented groups in the biomedical sciences and mathematics
2010 Online Application is here!
apply: Complete the online application
which will be available at the NIDDK website beginning November 15, 2009
There is no paper application - only on-line applications will be accepted .
Application Deadline: February 15, 2010 or until
the program is filled
In addition to completing the on-line application, applicants must submit ALL of the following supporting documents:
- Arrange for a minimum of two letters of recommendation; for returning students, one letter must be from their previous mentor
- Provide an official transcript of all college course work
of U.S. Citizenship or legal Permanent Residency
Please send all supporting documents to:
Ms. Jennifer Curry
Office of Minority Health Research Coordination, NIDDK
2 Democracy Plaza, Room 648A
6707 Democracy Blvd.
Besthesda, MD 20892-5454
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until
the program is filled. Top candidates will be interviewed and selected
students will be notified of their acceptance.