idea9.jpg

Callout

Search

follow drbillthomas at http://twitter.com

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Category Archives

Monthly Archives

Subscribe to this blog's feed Subscribe to this blog's feed

ElderbloggersRule.gif

Announcements Retirement Living TV

Blog Data

Top Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Politics blogs

Directories Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Directory of Politics Blogs

Ageless Project

Bigger Blogger

Blog Directory

Blog Universe

« Small Houses | Main | List of Shame »

December 5, 2007 |Permalink |Comments (1)

Its the Race We Run-- Not the Destination

Young. Old. Doesn't matter. It's about change, growth and development in whatever form speaks to the individual...

Fitness does not belong to the young-- or to the old-- fitness means being well-suited to the life we choose to live. To live. Ultra-Marathons are great if that's your thing. If not, find your thing.

Comments ( 1)

At the risk of falling into negativity, I wonder how we graciously, gracefully accept diminishments of physical capabilities at any age. Perhaps acceptance, embracement comes in fits and starts, a few steps forward, a couple steps back. Maybe it’s a mix of time and distance and maturity and temperament. I have to admit, with chagrin and just a little embarrassment that I feel envious of the runners. I realize that not being able to run much anymore is not the end of the world and that the old adage that closing one door allows for another to open has some merit but . . . When I had to give up playing soccer a couple of years ago I was devastated. Sure, I liberated bunches of time. I no longer had to interrupt what I was doing to check the weather report or guiltily leave work early or drive all over suburban roads at all hours of the day and night. All my Saturdays became free. I’m sure my kids were happy. But as I see it, it essentially freed up all kinds of time to, well, to not play soccer.

Post a comment

Remember me?

(You may use HTML tags for style)

©2007 Erickson School