idea9.jpg

Callout

Search

follow drbillthomas at http://twitter.com

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Category Archives

Monthly Archives

Subscribe to this blog's feed Subscribe to this blog's feed

ElderbloggersRule.gif

Announcements Retirement Living TV

Blog Data

Top Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Politics blogs

Directories Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Directory of Politics Blogs

Ageless Project

Bigger Blogger

Blog Directory

Blog Universe

« Wealth and Age: Notes | Main | Fashion Statement »

December 3, 2007 |Permalink |Comments (3)

Time Goes By Goes Bye Bye

Man this is sad.

I accept it. I honor it and, in some ways I understand it. But still, it's a sad day for the elder blogosphere.

As of this post, Time Goes By is over.

The decision to do so has been building for the reasons below and other related ones, but response to today’s post – and it’s only 11AM here - tipped me over the edge. Isn’t it odd how often decisions are made on small events.

I can’t tell you which of half a dozen emails telling me that 60 isn’t old or you’re only as old as you feel or age is relative or whatever other excuse did it. It’s all bullshit. Old is old. The Crabby Old Lady in me is finished arguing that, along with all her versions of old-is-as-worthy-as-every-other-age.

Too many people want to slice and dice the language and proclaim their youthfulness in other ways unto the grave and if that is your position, this or any blog is unlikely to change your mind.

But all this age denial (the negative ones never publish publicly; they just rant in emails to me) before noon has made the decision for me. I’m out of energy to move forward with this.

Comments ( 3)

Her retirement is a great loss to the blogging community. She carried her passion like a banner in the wind before her. She acted much like a central clearing house while staying the course by adding a little humor and color too.

Even if you didn't always agree with her, she broadened your world with her writing. She opened doors, found ways to introduce oppposites, and led everyone into a brave new world while waking us up.

Our lives are much smaller with her gone. She will be much missed.

If anyone doubts the power of Blogging they should read the comments by all of Ronni Bennett's many followers. She is much loved and admired by all who were privileged to read her blog each day. She worked tirelessly to inform and sometimes entertain us. Her loyal fans are sad today. I was so depressed by the news that I dreamed about her this morning when I went back to bed after a sleepless night. In my dream we were together and she kept walking so fast I couldn't keep up. What would Jung have to say about that? I will miss her sorely.

I'd like to echo Darlene's remarks above. Like dozens and dozens of elderbloggers that Ronni has inspired and supported through her work, www.ChangingAging.org has also benefited enormously from her support and encouragement. When I set out to help Dr. Bill Thomas launch this blog, Ronni Bennett was the first person I went to for assistance and her help was indispensable. I encourage all ChangingAging readers to visit TGB and leave comments of support and encouragement for Ronni: http://www.timegoesby.net/weblog/2007/12/time-goes-by-sh.html

Post a comment

Remember me?

(You may use HTML tags for style)

©2007 Erickson School