Public Policy News
MPP Information Session March 10 at 7 pm
Interested in graduate school? Learn about the UMBC Master's Degree in Public Policy (MPP) at an information session on Monday, March 10 at 7:00 pm in Room 438 of the Public Policy Building. Enjoy a light dinner and talk with faculty and current students about the field of public policy, career opportunities, and how to apply to our MPP and combined BA/MPP program. Those interested in the PhD degree are also welcome to attend.
This event is open to students on and off campus. To register, e-mail your name, year and major to Sally Helms (email@example.com).
Directions to UMBC
To get to UMBC from Interstate 95, take Exit 47B, Catonsville (Route 166), and follow signs to the UMBC Campus. Go through the stop sign at Research Park Drive, bear right at Hilltop Circle, and make a left at the 2nd stop sign, onto Commons Drive.
From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), take Exit 12C (Wilkens Avenue, west). Turn left on Wilkens Avenue to the traffic circle. Follow signs to UMBC. Bear right at Hilltop Road, turn right on Hilltop Circle, and make a left at the stop sign on Commons Drive.
You may park in the metered spaces in the Commons Garage, on the left. If you park anywhere but a metered space, you risk getting a ticket! Meters are enforced Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 9:00 pm. Meter fees are $.25 for each 15 minutes, quarters only, maximum time of 5 hours. Facing the library (green tower), the Public Policy Building is to your right, next to the Physics Building.
Parking is also available in metered garages located at Administration Drive, Commons Drive and Walker Avenue.
- In the News: Dennis Coates, Laura Hussey, Roy Meyers, Don Norris
- Position Opening: Assistant Professor in Public Management
- MPP Information Session March 10 at 7 pm
- Tim Brennan appointed chief economist at FCC
- Sherece West-Scantlebury is UMBC Alumna of the Year
- Eric Zeemering named Fulbright Canada Scholar
- Stephen S. Johnston receives Judith A. Shinogle Memorial Award
- Video: John Rennie Short on his new book, Stress Testing the USA
- Don Norris receives UAA recognition
- Tim Brennan receives Distinguished Service Award
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- September 2010
- August 2009
- April 2009
- October 2008