MDWIT (Multinational Center for Women in Technology) is looking for a top notch CS or IS Major with the desire to help it promote girls’ interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and women's entry into and advancement in the technology workforce including the areas of engineering, manufacturing, infomatics, information technology and related fields.
$10 per hour Internship
If interested, apply to INTERN POSITION 9241638 via UMBCworks.
If you currently do not have a resume approved on UMBCworks for intern listings, please follow the simple directions found at: http://shrivercenter.umbc.edu/student_howdoigetstarted.html
As part of the MDWIT team, this position will assist the organization in its technical efforts including working with technology entrepreneurs to develop an innovative web portal that will serve both state and regional members. Web design, database development, some programming (preferably Java), and windows – based applications, are all areas of interest.
MDWIT is a non-profit organization (501c3). The organization’s leadership consists of a Board of Trustees and Advisory Committees, each led by a Board member.
Reports to: Executive Director of MDWIT with oversight from outside management consultant.
General office duties to include but not limited to the expansion of the MDWIT web portal.
• Updating of two websites
• Setting up and supporting technical systems
• Updating current registration software
• Integrating leading edge software into larger site.
• Handling correspondence with businesses and services in support of MDWIT site development.
• Managing customers needs as they relate to technical support
- Support development of upcoming meetings through creating registration sites. The meetings includes two annual meetings.
- Design site upgrades.
- Provide innovative and cutting edge solutions to achieve program goals.
- Enter program specific data in computer database
• Must have technical skills developed through classes or independently.
• Must be computer literate, knowledge of Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML – Web skills a must
• Good writing skills
• Ability to work independently
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Willingness to learn and teach
• Desire to be part of a team that is passionate about our cause our mission and it’s fulfillment
The position is available for fall 2010. It is a paid position @ $10/hour for up to $1500 for the semester. The individual will get exposure to all facets of running a business, meet high level corporate and state leaders, and will gain valuable knowledge of issues relating to diversity and careers in IT fields.