Apply to become an AmeriCorps VISTA with UMBC’s Service-Learning Program!
AmeriCorps VISTA members commit to serve as full-time volunteers for one year.
WHAT VISTA POSITIONS CAN I APPLY FOR?
Several positions are open and recruiting high-quality applicants!
• The MDCC VISTA will work with UMBC’s Service-Learning Program and two middle school partners in the implementation of 3 key campus-community projects:
o Plan college access visits to campus for local middle school partners
o Coordinate curriculum-based service-learning projects with middle school partners
o Recruit UMBC students to serve as volunteers for service-learning activities
• The BALTIMORE CARES VISTA positions will divide their time between the Office of the Mayor-City of Baltimore, a community-based program, and UMBC's Service-Learning Program in this new collaboration. The VISTAs will develop and implement an interdisciplinary service-learning curriculum focused on the problem of vacant lots and drug addiction in the city. Multiple VISTA positions available.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
• The VISTA member will receive health insurance, a travel allowance (for work-related meetings and events), and a taxable living allowance of approximately $11,200 for the year of full-time service.
• After successfully completing the service year, the VISTA will be eligible to receive either $1,200 in cash or an AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,350 that can be used toward the repayment of student loans or school tuition.
HOW DO I APPLY?
• Complete the AmeriCorps VISTA Positions - Intent to Apply Form that you can access at http://shrivercenter.umbc.edu/students/service-learning/service-learning-forms/ The deadline for completed Intent to Apply forms is 5pm, Friday, April 29th, 2011.
Contact Clare Greene (email@example.com) in the Service-Learning Program at The Shriver Center for more information.