GREAT INTERN OPPORTUNITY FOR PSYCHOLOGY AND BIOLOGY MAJORS, OR THOSE INTERESTED IN AUTISM RESEARCH! APPLY TODAY!
Join us at CARD in serving children with autism spectrum disorders and their families! The Research Trainee Intern is an exciting opportunity to learn more about developmental disabilities through involvement in our clinical research team. The CARD Research trainee will be principally responsible for assisting with duties related to the CARD clinical registry and database. This project will provide the CARD volunteer with exposure to interdisciplinary research and practice, through observation and training, in an outpatient pediatric setting providing a full spectrum of care.
• Gain valuable research experience through understanding of the internal procedures and maintenance of aforementioned studies.
• Assist with scoring, checking, and entering data from research instruments into data entry platforms.
• Attend CARD and research related meetings to learn more about the research process, the status of each project, new opportunities, and the clinic environment at CARD.
• Observe clinic evaluations to gain a better understanding of the evaluations used to assess autism spectrum disorders.
• Inventory parent questionnaires for completion and assemble parent questionnaire packets.
• Potential to gain access to patient data for your thesis.
• Potential for a stipend for students that have demonstrated exemplary work and commitment.
• The CARD Research Volunteer requires flexibility as this position may require assistance with a variety of tasks and duties throughout the clinic.
IF INTERESTED, please apply to this internship position via UMBCworks, position 9243002
If you do not have a resume approved on UMBCwoks for an intern search, connect with The Shriver Center (410-455-2493) and follow the simply instructions via our website at: http://shrivercenter.umbc.edu/student_howdoigetstarted.html