Market Edge Interns - 2011
Web-Platform Intern and Marketing Research & Analytics Intern
Apply On-Line Via UMBCworks for these Two NEW Positions.
If you do not have an account on UMBCworks, call please follow the directions below and call the Shriver Center at 410-455-2493 for a half hour appointment.
The Market Edge organization is a center of excellence in the Retail Energy business that provides strategic marketing research and analytics, product, pricing and marketing & communications insights for our partners and customers. For 2011, we have internships in three key areas:
- Web Platform
- Data Research & Analytics.
Interns will be given the opportunity to work on projects and initiatives tied to specific retail energy markets/regions and/or a specific marketing functional area of discipline. Interns will collaborate with select multi-disciplined cross functional teams/organizations throughout the retail organization (including outside partners) to participate in and influence projects throughout the respective market/region.
Each intern will report to a director.
While specific projects will be determined based on the intern’s major and background, some responsibilities are outlined below:
The Web Platform Intern will help in the determining the messaging for the retail customer website. He or she will accomplish this using both push and pull strategies including SEO, PPC, link building (and buying), targeted ad campaigns, community development and more. They will also support in content research and development for content on the web platform.
• Create content for and work with Web Platform Manager to execute online banner, retargeting, and other web-based ad campaigns
• Create content for and work with Web Platform Manager to execute email marketing campaigns and customer communications
• Support community development, through input on the social media strategy
The Marketing Research & Analytics Intern will support analysis and evaluation of existing and new business lines profitability, new opportunities and sales analysis. The intern will also perform key research as assigned.
- Using internal and external data for basic business case modeling.
- Conduct research on energy and related industries, key competitors of CNE and new markets/products associated with new business lines.
- Support in preparing reports (daily, weekly, monthly) and (as applicable) presentations