The Project MUSE beta site offers access to over 300 free sample books. Browse and search this selection of books, along with MUSE journals, as a preview of the combined book and journal content that will be coming to MUSE on January 1, 2012. Explore books and journals on the Project MUSE beta site at http://beta.muse.jhu.edu.
Highlights of Project MUSE Beta Site
- Access to over 300 free sample books.
- New search box at the top of each page. Suggested search terms appear as you type in your search.
- Enhanced search results page showing both books and journals.
- Faceted searching. Refine search results with options to broaden or narrow results.
- Search the contents of a book and view results without leaving the book home page.
- Easy linking to content by subject area, most recently downloaded, most recently issued.
- Tiered structure for exploring subject areas.
- Enhanced Browse displays books and journals by subject area, title, or publisher.
The beta site will be available through the end of this year giving you an opportunity to become familiar with the new MUSE platform and particularly, with the new enhanced search.
You can access the sample e-books from off-campus with no authentication. To view UMBC subscriptions as well as the sample e-books from off-campus, please login via VPN first (http://vpn.umbc.edu). Click on the "UMBC Library Homepage" link, then follow the link under "News & Events" on the library homepage. For more info on remote access, see http://aok.lib.umbc.edu/services/remoteaccess.php