Vision Systems & Technology, Inc. (VSTI) is looking for paid interns to
start this summer. The company is located in Ellicott City. Additional
information on the company can be found at: http://vsticorp.com/
INTERN BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Mentorship from seasoned software engineers and program managers
• Exposure to new & evolving technologies
• Competitive salary
• Job opportunity upon successful completion of the VSTI internship
• Potential to be sponsored for clearances
• Paid company holidays
• Receive medical benefits
• Have lots of FUN!
Full description can be found below.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY VIA UMBCworks under Internships through
Shriver Center. If you do not have a UMBCworks account, e-mail your
resume to Casey Miller at the Shriver Center by this FRIDAY at
As an intern at Vision Systems & Technology, Inc. (VSTI), you will have
real responsibility, real work, and real opportunities to jumpstart your
career. (You’ll get paid, too!) At VSTI, our interns become part of our
team and we challenge you with exciting opportunities to explore new
technologies, re-engineer software solutions, and create new solutions
that help VSTI provide quality solutions for our Department of Defense and
Intelligence Community customers - while building customer satisfaction.
The experience you gain as a VSTI intern will significantly enhance the
concepts that you learn during your college coursework. You will be given
manageable assignments that you can complete during your internship, and
your efforts will likely take shape in new product development—or be used
by VSTI clients—long after you return to school.
This internship is where the fun begins for developing technologists. As a
hands-on Software Development Engineer intern, you will learn how to make
decisions about design and feature implementation, and expand your
knowledge of technology to help make a product vision a reality. If you
are interested in programming, and would like to participate in the design
of efficient data structures and algorithms to develop next-generation
applications and solutions – then consider a VSTI internship. This
internship shows you how senior VSTI engineers bring products to life by
working with VSTI Program Managers to ensure strong design and quality
through testing. You will have the opportunity to broaden your coding
skills while exploring many technologies. Ultimately, it is the creativity
and innovation of VSTI interns that will contribute to turning concepts
into viable new solutions for our customers.
• Pursuing a BS/MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or
• 1 – 2 years experience programming in C/C++/Java/J2EE and/or other
computer programming languages preferred
• Ability to derive creative and innovative solutions by thinking “outside
• Demonstrated skill in estimating development time
• Demonstrated skill in Web Service development
• Expertise in feature definition, design, and feasibility
• Must have the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced
environment, with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
• Knowledge of IT environments, technologies, system hosting
infrastructure and platforms.