McCormick has 3 positions for IS students available this summer. Apply today via UMBCworks.
McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor, & seasonings industry, is seeking:
1) Intel Server Team Intern
Responsibilities of the Intel Server Team Intern will include:
• documenting key systems supported by the Intel Server Team.
• participating in server support activities such as patching, backup validation, server racking and implementation.
• having an opportunity to become familiar with a virtual environment.
• Technical proficiency
• Strong desire to learn to technologies
• Strong writing proficiency
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Working knowledge of Windows 2003 Server preferred
• Working knowledge of Visio preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite preferred
2) IT Innovation Team Intern
Responsibilities of the IT Innovation Team Intern will include:
• assisting in the evaluation of new hardware and software technologies for use at McCormick.
• technology evaluations, which may include research, testing, benchmarking, report writing, cost-benefit analysis, documentation and implementation.
• Experience and skills with a wide variety of technology.
• A passion for working hands-on with computers.
• Demonstrated aptitude for analysis and report writing.
• A record of taking ideas into action (does not have to be IT related).
• Working knowledge of recent hardware and software developments preferred.
• Personal interest in building PCs preferred.
3) SQL Server Database Administrator Intern
The Internship SQL Server Database Administrator’s primary responsibility would be to monitor various SQL Server databases for performance and availability. Other responsibilities will include:
• providing technical documentation, scripts and reports as required.
• monitoring and setting up database SQL jobs and database maintenance routines.
• working with other BASIS team DBA members using his or her technical expertise to support projects at the direction of the Senior Basis Manager, Database Manager and Senior SQL DBA.
• working on projects/issues of high complexity at the direction of the Senior SQL DBA.
• Must be entering Junior or Senior year
• Majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field with classes in relational databases required
• School lab work experience preferred
• Some IT work experience in infrastructure /systems environments performing database monitoring and optimization required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 & Windows Server 2000 or newer versions are required.
• In-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments is helpful.
• Adaptive, willing to accept and able to assume varied duties and responsibilities that support the dynamic and changing needs of the project.
• Motivated, able to work with minimal direction or supervision. Positive, frames issues in a constructive context. Team player, ability to work successfully within a team environment.
• Receptive to and understanding of new ideas and concepts
• Objective, able to recognize and logically evaluate potential opportunities for process and systems improvement.
• Able to develop consensus for and support of new ideas and concepts.
• Able to clearly and appropriately articulate ideas and concepts.
• Detail-oriented; able to follow directions; able to focus on information that is relevant and meaningful.